Tuesday, May 5, 2020

living through Coronavirus

Test the random for better result(s). I don’t know anything about anything really but I feel like I am living with Coronavirus...and I am...in my state, in my city in all of the media feeds that I follow...but I feel like ..., well crap.
i don’t have (flu) symptoms; I’m not feverish, or ’anymore‘ lethargic , drained or tired than usual (double because of the gloomy weather and a sudden cold snap) and no shortness of breath or respiratory distress.  I do have a cough though...it is annoying,  and has been around for some time. And over the last 10 days or so I have had some headaches...beginning with what I can only describe as a migraine.
I couldn’t possibly have Coronavirus....there is no (obvious) exposure...
who could i of had  contact with, before this virus was known to have caught a flight and/or cruise ship, that could have exposed me...
...when i didn’t know to be aware of something like that...
So I have a cough...and it’s not going away, but I get a cough like this maybe once a year...so much so that one of the last times it happened, my nurse practitioner gave me a sample of an inhaler with a steroid to knock at it (i just enjoyed a puff of that remembering where it was). something that occurred to me after the puff side note... that inhaler...is a steroid inhaler and while it was great at knocking out my cough...it was not a great idea to puff it as I was (hoping) to go to sleep...
As I lay awake next to my dear husband who was finally asleep after wrestling with this and work and continue to cough feeling more and more like patient zero; i worry.
Now I pray, i press into God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit...i am scared.  I do look to my blessings, my Best Man, my kids (one of who has an annoying, chunky, lingering cough too) and pantry and refrigerator of food that seems smaller and smaller, less and less every time i begin to think about the next ...months...
My health situation isn’t exact ally ideal, but it isn’t without hope...i work out occasionally and overall I am more healthy that I have been in past seasons of my life. I battle with depression and anxiety (on my,own with out prescription medication) and that inevitably impacts my emotional and physical self and as this pandemic is beginning to panic others i feel drained, useless and unable to do anything.
Today is another day and I still have a cough and weather it is the crazy strength and agility work out I did yesterday or anxiety or coronavirus...i find myself more aware of taking deep inhales, where I can hear the raspy congestive-ness of whatever is keeping me in this cough. For someone with my emotional instability this is literally  "a very rock and weird place" to be...
So I reached out to "my" physicians office to see what my options were for relief , besides the menagerie of allergy and cough/cold OTCs in my medicine cabinet and i was offered an appointment 17 days from now...No chance of speaking to a nurse or looking at a file to see history..."just you can come in this day, does that work for you?"
My mind is spinning!

I’m not doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment